UCM, UPM and IGME have developed and applied a methodology for stakeholder involvement. This is based on stakeholder analysis and engagement, development of relevant questionnaires and organization of thematic meetings to discuss the key uncertainties and drivers for change in the field of water management. This methodology has served the purpose of establishing a solid framework for dialogue and a representative stakeholder base for participatory work. Four stakeholder meetings have been held following this methodology:
- Meeting #0 took place in Madrid on April 18, 2005. This meeting was intended as an information session for Upper Guadiana (and to a lesser extent Transboundary) stakeholders.
- Meeting #1 was also held in Madrid (October 6, 2005) and focused on Upper Guadiana stakeholders and issues
- Meeting #2 took place in Madrid on 29 may 2006. During the meeting, the first preliminary NeWater results, as well as a research and action plan were presented to stakeholders. Moreover, economic aspects of the Upper Guadiana context were presented to and discussed with stakeholders.
- Meeting #3 was held on 16 October 2006 and dealt with water governance in the Upper Guadiana.
- Meeting #4 was organised on 11 January 2007 and focussed on the hydrogeology of the upper river basin and the implication of Climate Change for the area.
All these meetings were kindly hosted by the Ortega y Gasset Foundation (http://www.ortegaygasset.edu/).
On 18 April 2006, the first stakeholder meeting for transboundary aspects took place in the Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade, Lisbon, Portugal. The report presenting the meeting and its output can be downloaded from the folder.
Another transboundary meeting is scheduled to take place in 2007 and will be organized by ISQ.
Stakeholder Meetings in the Guadiana Basin
You can a find summary report here: First participatory process (5 meetings), CAIWA paper
For detailed material on the different meetings, please click on the links below.
- UGB Stakeholder Meeting No 0
- UGB Stakeholder Meeting No 1
- UGB Stakeholder Meeting No 2
- UGB Stakeholder Meeting No 3
- UGB Stakeholder Meeting No 4
- Transboundary Stakeholder Meeting
A second participatory process has been developed using Bayesian networks.
- Second Participatory Process (with Bayesian Networks) CAIWA Paper
- Second Participatory Process (with Bayesian Networks) Presentation
- Participation with Bayesian networks, Poster 1
- Participation with Bayesian networks, Poster 2