Stakeholder workshop "Perception of uncertainty in water management by stakeholders and researchers"
14.-16. May 2007, Prague
German and Czech stakeholders together with leading European scientists met in Prague to discuss their perceptions of uncertainty in flood and water quality management.
Objectives of the Workshop:
- to inform stakeholders about state-of-the-art research concerning flood protection, water quality and climate change and related uncertainties, and about ongoing research projects in the Elbe basin,
- to discuss the ways and strategies to cope with uncertainties in flood management and water quality management in the Elbe basin, and
- to discuss the role of research in coping with uncertainty in water management.
Major questions to discuss during the group discussions:
- What are the realistic ways / strategies to cope with uncertainties, or to reduce uncertainties: in flood protection (also in view of climate change), and in management of water quality?
- What is the role of research in coping with uncertainty in water management? What should research do in order to support water managers?
Organization of the workshop:
The Workshop was organized as a combination of plenary presentations (12 invited scientists) in the morning and afternoon discussions in two monolingual break-out groups: (1) Czech stakeholders + scientists, (2) German stakeholders + scientists. The two groups should discuss the same issues of uncertainty.
Presentations during the plenary sessions were in English, with simultaneous translation to German and Czech. Questions and comments were possible in English, Czech and German. Group discussions were held in Czech (group 1) and German (group 2).
This webpage contains the following materials of the workshop:
- Program (Workshop_Prague_Program.pdf)
- List of participants (List_of_participants.pdf)
- Scientific presentations (numbered from 1.1 to 3.3)
- Short discription of Issues of uncertainty for group discussions (Issues-of-Uncertainty-description.pdf)
- Summary of group discussions on floods (German group) (Summary-Floods-German.pdf)
- Summary of group discussions on floods (Czech group) (Summary-Floods-Czech.pdf)
- Summary of group discussions on water quality (German group) (Summary-WaterQuality-German.pdf)
- Summary of group discussions on water quality (Czech group) (Summary-WaterQuality-Czech.pdf)
|1.3_Beven.pdf||2571 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:20:52|
|1.4_Kundzewicz.pdf||3393 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:20:59|
|1.5_Thieken.pdf||4198 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:21:09|
|2.2_Moellenkamp_Kastens.pdf||154 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:21:17|
|2.3_vanderSluijs.pdf||1174 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:21:25|
|2.4_Brugnach.pdf||743 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:21:38|
|3.2_Wechsung.pdf||2217 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:21:44|
|3.3_Hattermann.pdf||12363 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:21:55|
|1.1_Jacob.pdf||13338 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:22:20|
|Issues-of-Uncertainty-Description.pdf||160 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:22:26|
|List_of_participants.pdf||71 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:22:36|
|Summary-Floods-Czech.pdf||140 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:22:41|
|Summary-Floods-German.pdf||110 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:22:48|
|Summary-WaterQuality-Czech.pdf||120 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:22:58|
|Summary-WaterQuality-German.pdf||102 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:23:03|
|Workshop_Prague_program.pdf||282 kb||Mr. Stefan Riffert||2009-03-19 15:23:07|