SP 10: AWM Section
A New Platform for Tools, Guidances and Experiences
Adaptive Integrated Water Resources Management is a promising concept. But how can one find tools, guidances and experiences that help to make water management more adaptive? One solution is the new AWM section in WISE-RTD. Here you can find resources for application and analysis.
NeWater has cooperated with WISE-RTD, a web portal for knowledge transfer in water management. This joint effort has resulted in a section that makes AWM resources available worldwide. It offers approved structures and search techniques and forwards to results from various sources.
Three Ways to Find Resources You Need
- Free search - An easy and quick way to look for results. Just type in a search term and combine it with keywords related to water management.
- Available information lists - For the case you are looking for a product you already know. Detailed lists show you what is in the system, structured by information types.
- Guided searches - The guided searches are tailored to different target groups. They allow orienting on typical steps, tasks and issues in your work.
Search results are presented together with additional information, e.g. explanations, helpful links and related results.
Special Feature: The Guided Searches
The guided searches in the AWM section were designed carefully to assist you in your search.
- The guided search for practitioners is based on the cycle of the Water Framework Directive and on the phases of social learning. Results provide an insight into the various stages of the planning cycle. You can also familiarise yourself with social learning, which is an important component of adaptive water management.
- The guided search for scientists takes on a system analytical view. It is structured around the elements of the water system and explains how the elements and their relationships can be regarded from the perspective of adaptive water management. Research results are related to the components of the water system.
Growing Pool of AWM Resources
The new AWM section will disseminate insights and results of NeWater. But the platform is not restricted to this project. Everyone who wants to offer AWM resources can publish them via the input system WPIS. WPIS is easy to handle and allows for describing your product by means of meta-data, so that the user is able to assess how one can benefit from it. A quality check ensures that products are recorded in the right way.
|Guided search for practitioners in the AWM section||Search result page||Input Forms allow adding and describing new resources.|
Explains how you can publish your AWM products in the AWM section
|420 kb||Christian K.||2009-05-25 12:03:31|